Pun’kin Palooza Baking Contest Rules
For the bakers in our family, here’s your chance to show off your skills. We’re looking for pumpkin desserts and we’re ready to eat a whole mess of ’em. Pastor Jeff will be joined by a panel of judges to present the Judges’ Choice award, while the congregation will get to vote to award the Peoples’ Choice Award for best pumpkin dessert! The competition will be fierce, but delicious.
1. Dishes may not be store bought.
2. Except for toppings, dishes must be complete before being submitted. There is a limited amount of refrigerator space, so please let us know if your dessert won’t survive the church service.
3. Dishes must be submitted by 9:30am or they may not be considered
4. Judging criteria:
- Best use of pumpkin
- Clever name
5. Contestants may not submit more than one dessert of the same variety (e.g., 2 cookie recipes). However, contestants may submit more than one dessert of different varieties (e.g., one pie recipe, one cookie recipe)
6. Contestants bring:
- 1 full sample for Judges’ Table judging
- Enough for 100 people to sample (cookies and cakes will be cubed, pies and custards will be spooned with small sampler spoons)
7. SJA volunteers cut and prep samples for Peoples’ Choice
8. Contestants should prep samples for Judges’ Choice
9. All samples should be identical
10. A name for your item that does not identify the baker